SAPEA Report released in June 2023 highlights healthy and sustainable food consumption as a key component of the EU’s transition towards a sustainable food system.
The report presents the relevant issues to shape the ongoing transformation: Food system impacts, Food environment and consumer behaviour, Policies and strategies, by going into detail and providing key messages in the following areas:
- Food systems, food environments and their drivers
- Nutritional and environmental food system outcomes
- Consumer behaviour: Barriers to sustainable and healthy food consumption
- Shaping the food environment for healthy and sustainable diets
- Selected examples of policies to promote healthy and sustainable food consumption
- Evidence-based policy elements
SAPEA informs the Scientific Opinion of the European Commission Group of Chief Scientific Advisors, being part of the Scientific Advice Mechanism.
Latest Reports, scientific publications
JECFA concludes evaluations of several food additives
EFSA glyphosate risk assessment peer review
Mapping ERC frontier research sustainable food production and consumption
Towards sustainable food consumption
Alert and Cooperation Network (ACN) 2022
Food and feed safety vulnerabilities in the circular economy, 2022